A Compilation Of Mental Health Resources in the Philippines
Compiled by Rissa Coronel/Silakbo.PH
- Crisis hotlines:
- Natasha Goulbourn Foundation (NGF) – (02) 804-HOPE (4673), 0917 558 HOPE (4673) or 2919 (toll-free for GLOBE and TM subscribers).
- Manila Lifeline Centre (MLC) – (02) 8969191 or 0917 854 9191.
- In Touch Community Services Crisis Lines – +632 893 7603, 0917 8001123 (Globe subscribers), 0922 8938944 (Sun subscribers). Email at [email protected].
- Comprehensive list of hotlines for different psychological and counseling centers, via Mental Health PH. Includes the above, plus DILG Emergency Number, Living Free Foundation, NCMH Helpline, UGAT Foundation and 700 Club Asia. Refer to linked image for full details.
- Centers and Foundations
- PsychConsult Inc. – Located at Cubao, Quezon City. Contact numbers are +632 421 2469 / +632 357 6427 / +63917 808 0193.
- Philippine Psychiatric Association (PPA) – Located at Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Contact via (02) 635-9858.
- Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA) – HQ located at Quezon City, with chapters at Bacolod-Negros Occidental, Baguio-Benguet, Cabanatuan-Nueva Ecija, Cagayan de Oro-Misamis Oriental, Cebu, Dagupan-Pangasinan, Davao, Dumaguete-Negros Oriental, and Lipa-Batangas. HQ contact numbers are +632-921-4958 and +632-921-4959.
- National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) – Located at Mandaluyong. Contact via (02) 531-9001 (connecting all departments).
- Jaime C. Bulatao, SJ Center for Psychology Services (Bulatao Center) – Located at Ateneo de Manila University. Click the link for a full list of their counseling, clinical, community and training services. Contact at (632) 426-6001.
- Ateneo Center for Family Ministries Foundation (CEFAM) – family and individual counseling via a psycho-spiritual approach. Located at Ateneo de Manila University. Contact them at 426-4289 up to 92. [AFFORDABLE!]
- In Touch Community Services – Located at McKinley Rd, Makati City. Offers professional counseling (adults, children and families of Filipinos and expatriates), has subsidized counseling options. Offers psychological testing, as well. Contact at (02) 893 1893.
- Reintegration for Care and Wholeness Foundation, Inc. (RCW) – Located at Quezon City. Click the link for the full list of counseling services offered. Contact them at (02) 436 0710.
- Extensive list of mental healthcare facilities in the Philippines (not NCR-centric!) for mental hospitals, psychiatric wards, alcohol and drug dependency rehabilitation, counseling, therapeutic facilities for the treatment and care of the mentally challenged, SPED schools, and conflict-management/ skill-building coaching services.
- UST Hospital’s affordable psychiatric services, via RJ Naguit. [AFFORDABLE!] “Consult with residents for PHP150 on 1st visit then PHP100 after.” Refer to linked image for full details.
- Individual Psychological Service Providers
- List of psychological service providers, via Dan Villanueva’s friend at the Anxiety and Depression Support Philippines Facebook group)
- A list of international suicide hotlines per country
- A global crisis center directory by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP)
- Befrienders Worldwide helplines by country
- Drugrehab.com 24/7 hotline across the USA – 855-587-2830
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) helpline – 800-950-6264 (M-F, 10 AM – 6 PM ET) across the USA
- In crisis, you may text “NAMI” TO 741741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7 hotline across the USA
- 1-888-628-9454 – nacional de prevención del suicidio en Español
- 1-800-799-4889 – options for the deaf and hard of hearing
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) – informational resources on mental illnesses as well as subgroups like LGBTQ and veterans
- Drugrehab.com informational resources on co-occurring disorders, as well as seeking treatment
- Helpful resources for those struggling with suicidal thoughts or feelings via r/SWResources
- BetterHelp – speak with a licensed counselor online
Feature image from NPR.org