The 5 Scoutmag.ph Stories You Should Read from This Week (3/18/17)
If you weren’t all up on our social media accounts (@scoutmagph on IG and Twitter by the way) you missed out on our best stories this week. Here they are again, just for you.
- “7 Reasons Why You Need to Watch 2 Cool 2 Be 4gotten“ — Director Petersen Vargas’s first feature film gets a nationwide release this week, and as always, it’s up against big Hollywood movies, namely Beauty and the Beast. Here’s why you shouldn’t sleep on this indie film that could.
- “Pi Day on March 14 Should Be a Legitimate Holiday” — Scout editorial assistant Lex Celera muses on the wonderful pseudo-holiday that is Pi Day.
- “Julius Babao and the Globalization of Streetwear Fashion“ — Popular local newscaster Julius Babao made waves on social media for literally dressing up like a millennial. We talked to him about it this week, and we agree that he should wear whatever he wants.
- “Can’t Believe It Took Us Longer To Come Up With Rogue Government Twitter Accounts“ — This week saw the popularization of rogue Twitter accounts of government bodies, namely the three branches of government and the Armed Forces of the Philippines. While they’re very far from perfect, we think we’re just happy there are people in the government tired of all the administration’s bullshit.
- “In Pursuit of Escape and Freedom at Malasimbo 2017“ — Scout took a trip down to Malasimbo for this year’s heavily-hyped and much-awaited music festival, and just had fun being away from the city.