The government finally has a crisis hotline. In the process, they stopped supporting Hopeline Philippines. This resulted in a ‘one step forward, two steps back’ kind of thing.
Read more: 6 films that properly talk about mental illness
Despite the Mental Health Law’s promises, therapists still cost thousands, and mental illnesses are still being ridiculed. They say things will change, but change is yet to come.
The change we want may not come instantly. Still, it’s important to raise awareness. We can help in our own way. Let’s start by breaking mental health stigmas one by one, starting with this list of resources.
- National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) Crisis Hotline – 0917-899-8727, 989-8727.
- Manila Lifeline Centre (MLC) – (02) 8969191, 0917-854-9191
- Natasha Goulborn Foundation (NGF) – 804-4673, 0917-558-4673, 2919 (toll-free for Globe and TM users.) Closing on July 1; help save Hopeline by donating here
- Crisis Line Philippines – 893-7606, 893-7603, 63 917 800 1123, 63 2 893 7603, 63 922 893 8944. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also available for counseling and training.
- Living Free Foundation – 63917 322 7807. You can also email email@example.com.
- Dial-a-Friend – (02) 5251743, (02) 5251881
- Tawag Paglaum-Centro Bisaya – 0939-9375433, 0939-9365433, 0927-6541629.
- Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA) – (02) 921-4958 , (02) 921-4959. Open 7 AM to 4 PM from Monday to Friday.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT GROUPS:
- Anxiety and Depression Support Philippines (ADSP) – You can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-professional online mental health support group made for helping and understanding others run by volunteers. Join their group here.
- Mood Harmony – 02 844-2941. Makati Medical Center support group for mood disorders.
- Mental Health Support Group by Kylie Verzosa – Online support group made for people with mental illnesses.
- Depression and Anxiety Care Group Philippines – Support group made for people who suffer or have suffered from depression and anxiety to comfort each other, share experiences and give advice.
- Psychoeduc8 – Online community of people suffering from mental health.
- Schizophrenia and Bipolar Philippines Support Group (SBPPh) – Group made to bring people with mental illnesses together to talk in a safe and supportive environment.
- Baguio Mental Health Support Group – made for people in / nearby Baguio that suffer from, advocate, or take care of those with mental illness/es.
MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCATE GROUPS
- Youth for Mental Health – A group of student organizations and youth advocates trying to elevate the youth’s thinking on mental health and mental illnesses.
Phone: 0945 738 6292
- SOS Philippines – Online page that gives updates on the mental health law and mental health events, articles, services, and the like.
- Juan For Mental Health – You can email email@example.com. Provides seminars, workshops, and training on mental health.
- Van Gogh is Bipolar – Café that offers free counseling and therapy sessions. Open from 12 PM to 5 PM and 6 PM to 11:30 PM.
Phone: 0922 824 3051
Address: Inner Courtyard of 154 Maginhawa St., Sikatuna Village Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
- Talang Dalisay – Aims to help people with mental disabilities via education and guidance through their online projects, special needs scholarship initiative, support groups, therapy, outreaches and many more.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Coalescent Foundation – This page aims to promote mental wellness via removing stigmas, empowering those with mental illnesses, as well as raising financial and non-financial backing to assist people that need treatment.
Phone: 0915 953 1599
- No to Mental Health Stigma PH – This page campaigns, advocates, educates and informs others on the mental health stigma in the Philippines.
ONLINE MENTAL HEALTH PLATFORMS:
- RecoveryHub Philippines – Can be found both online and at Metro Psych Facility, Upper Malibu Beach Street, Subangdaku, Mandaue City.
- 7 Cups – Can be downloaded on the app store. Use to take online mental health tests and to connect to listeners.
- Mental Health A-WHERE-ness PH – Shows you the nearest mental health help nearby.
Phone: 639985542672, (02) 436-1808.
MENTAL HEALTH CENTERS AND FOUNDATIONS:
- UST Graduate School Psychotrauma Clinic
Phone: 406 16 11 loc 4012
E-mail: Thomas Aquinas Research Complex, España Boulevard, Manila, 1008 Metro Manila
- National Center for Mental Health
Hours: Open for 24 hours.
Phone: 0949 143 6425, 0915 792 6889, 0922 241 3855, (02) 531 9001
Address: Nueve de Pebrero St., Mauway, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
- PsychConsult Inc.
Hours: Open Mondays to Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Phone: 632 421 2469, 632 357 6427, 63917 808 0193
Address: The Regalia Park Towers, Unit 227, 150, Cubao, Quezon City, 1109 Metro Manila
- Psychological Association of the Philippines
Phone: 632 453-8257, 632 299-9053, 63 915 422 5189 (Globe,) 63 947 571 7629 (Smart.)
Address: Room 210, 2nd Floor, Philippine Social Science Center, Commonwealth Avenue, corner Central Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, 1109 Metro Manila.
- Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA)
Phone: 632-921-4958, 632-921-4959. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Branches: Headquarters can be found at No. 18 East Avenue, Quezon City 1100, Philippines
Chapters: Bacolod-Negros Occidental, Baguio-Benguet, Cabanatuan-Nueva Ecija, Cagayan de Oro-Misamis Oriental, Cebu, Dagupan-Pangasinan, Davao, Dumaguete-Negros Oriental, and Lipa-Batangas.
- Bulatao Center
Phone: (632) 426-5982.
Address: Room 103-A Bellarmine Hall, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
- Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center (ARMMC)
Hours: Open from 8 a.m to 5 p.m for consultation and 8 to 10 p.m. for registration from Monday to Friday for basic consulting and brief psychotherapeutic techniques.
Address: Sumulong Highway Sto. Nino, Marikina, 1800 Metro Manila.
- UGAT Foundation
Phone: (02) 426 5992; (02) 426 6001, 4872-73
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Can be found at 2nd-floor I
Address: SO-Residence Extension Bldg., Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Road, Loyola Hts., Q.C.
- Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center Department of Psychiatry
Phone: (053) 321-3129, 321-3363, (053) 321-8724.
Address: Magsaysay Blvd, Downtown, Tacloban City, Leyte. Open from 8 AM to 5 PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. People with a New EVRMC Cabalawan medical card can receive free consultations.
- Prescription Psychiatrists and Psychologists
Phone: 63 977 795 3097, 63 921 819 1101, 3 2 863 0655
Address: Unit 2511A Centuria Medical Makati Kalayaan Ave. cor. Salamanca St., Brgy Poblacion, Makati. Attend for outpatient psychiatry, behavioral therapy, behavioral therapy, marriage counselling.
- Reintegration for Care and Wholeness Foundation, Inc.
Phone: (02) 436 0710, (02) 426 6832, 0921 6332587
Address: 59 C, Salvador Street, Varsity Hills Subdivision, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, 1900. Offers counseling, coaching, processing and psycho-educational, outreach and support programs.
- Door of Hope Counseling Resource Center
Phone: (02) 750 8044.
Address: 147, Unit 2001 20th Floor Medical Plaza Makati, Amorsolo Street, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila. Offers individual, couples and family psychospiritual counseling, as well as retreats.
- Directory of mental health centers in the PH
- Directory of mental health services
- Psychological service providers list
- Avail the Philippine General Hospital’s free psychiatric consultation
- Other resources and hotlines
Compiled by Gaby Agbulos
Art by Renz Mart Reyes