Due to the constant escalation of the influences of social media, many are exposed to many different art forms—photography, film, music, and branding, to name some. Scout Creative Talks will be your opportunity to hear from professionals in many creative fields who will share their expertise to willing participants. With the objective of giving attendees the chance to participate in a series of dialogues regarding the many creative industries, the solid line-up of speakers will reward them with the newfound knowledge they’ll need in the future.
Scout Creative Talks will happen on Oct. 14, 2017 (12nn to 8PM) at the Samsung Hall in SM Aura Premiere.
Get to know the speakers
- Bea Ledesma is the reason why Scout and many of your favorite other publications are still standing. Being the group publisher of Hinge Inquirer, she is part of the publishing process of Preen.ph, Nolisoli.ph, Inquirer Red, Multisport.ph, and of course, Scout. If you’re interested in becoming part of the process of the distribution of news, Bea Ledesma is definitely one to see.
- The designer and stylist duo composed of Patrick Bondoc and Rik Rasos are the founders behind the Filipino contemporary brand, Proudrace. Being Scout’s very own merchandise producer, their products range from sweaters, shirts, socks, and hats that each rock oversized proportions and a balance of street style and a DIY attitude. Sneak a peek at the process behind the designing and production of some of the most stylish clothes on the block.
- Martine Cajucom is best known for the success she has earned from her part-owned company, Sunnies Studios. In charge of the creative direction behind the scenes, Martine is behind the aesthetically pleasing looks of Sunnies, Sunnies Cafe, and Sunnies Specs. Before finding success through those, she kicked off her fashion career in American Apparel where she worked in the creative and marketing department. Those eyeing for jobs in the fashion and branding industry could use a tip or two from this blazing entrepreneur.
- Jorge Wieneke V—aka Similarobjects—is a music producer and experimental artist who founded his own music mentorship program called Cosmic Sonic Arts. He is also the core founder of the popular music collective, BuwanBuwan. He has garnered international popularity due to his specialization in the fields of arranging, composition, sound design, and midi programming.
- Antoinette Jadaone is the writer and director behind your favorite hugot film, “That Thing Called Tadhana,” earning her the title of “Blockbuster Hugot Director of the Philippines.” What started off as creating short films in UP Diliman led to her acclaimed film making success, earning her a Palanca and numerous wins in the annual Metro Manila Film Festival.
- Dan Matutina is a graphic designer and illustrator who has worked with many notable companies such as Google, Pinterest, and The Wall Street Journal. He is a co-founder of the design company, Plus63 Design Co.,that specializes in the creation of customized pieces that “strengthen the brand experience.”
- Shaira Luna‘s dreamy, playful, and cinematic photographs are the product of a self-taught photographer. From starting off with capturing photos of food, events, and literally anything around the corner, Shaira is now a fashion and advertising photographer represented by Jed Root Manila, an international creative talent agency. If you want to know how to turn a hobby into a successful profession, Shaira Luna can teach you how.
- Karen Davila is one who needs no introduction. A household name in the television and broadcasting world, she is a radio broadcaster, newsreader, and talk show host for three different daily television programs. Throughout her 24 years in the business, she has received multiple awards including The Outstanding Women in the Nations Service, CNN World Report Awards, and from the New York TV and Film Awards.
Tickets & Promos
Regular tickets are priced at P500 starting Sept. 16.
If you’re a broke college student just trying to find some creative inspiration from these speakers, then we’ve got you covered with our student priced tickets of P300 only (available through over the counter purchases and must present a valid student ID).
Not a student but still broke? Then you can avail of our early bird promo tickets worth P400 only until September 15.
Get your tickets and any SM Tickets outlet nationwide or at smtickets.com.
Remember, there are LIMITED SLOTS ONLY, so get your tickets now!
What to be excited about?
Aside from the electrifying and inspiring roster of speakers we’ve got ready for you, there is a whole lot more to look forward to. With the purchase of a ticket, you will be given a Scout Creative Talk kit filled with exciting goodies (buy a ticket so you can find out what they are!). And finally, you will be given access to an exclusive after party wherein you can talk more personally to the speakers if you’ve got any lingering questions.
Stay tuned for more details on the event and we will definitely see you there!