If you weren’t all up on our social media accounts (@scoutmagph on IG, Twitter, and Snapchat by the way) you missed out on our best stories this week. Here they are again, just for you.
- “Moonlight‘s Wurtzbaching Should Get It Showing In Local Theaters Already“ — The Oscars were like three news cycles ago, but that doesn’t change the fact that the Best Picture still isn’t showing here. It’s not your usual blockbuster, but there is an audience that wants to see it, dammit.
- “If Manny Pacquiao Is Our Jar Jar Binks, What Should Happen To Him Next?” — Our national boxer-turned-clueless politician set the motion for a huge Senate realignment, allowing the government majority to take over. If a Galactic Empire rises up because of this…
- “The Philippines Won A Medal In Ice Hockey At The 2017 Asian Winter Games“ — We know, we know, we have an ice hockey team, and they’re pretty damn good.
- “The Biggest Phone News This Year Is About, Uh, A 2000s Relic“ — Would you trade up your iPhone or Android for a brand-spankin’ new… 3310?
- “Senator Sonny Angara Now Knows What It Feels To Be Checked By Millennials“ — Our biggest coup of the week. Fun fact, though: Scout editor in chief Romeo Moran just got into a Twitter debate with the senator this morning, and friendlier times were had. Let’s hope he gets the message.