If you weren’t all up on our social media accounts (which you should, @scoutmagph on IG, Twitter, and Snapchat) you missed out on our best stories this week. Here they are again, just for you.
- “Reese Lansangan’s ‘Grammar Nazi’ Gets A Very Cute Music Video” — Reese’s popular ode to proper English has been out for a while now, but it was only this week when she finally released a fitting music video for it. Plus points for shooting it in UP Diliman.
- “Watch The Throne With Kidthrones” — We caught up with rising star Kidthrones for the November-December issue of Scout, and we like the way he chooses to focus all in on his music instead of merely living and dying by hype.
- “A Look At Recording Artists And Their Merch In 2016” — Documenting how merch aesthetic has evolved this year—and the pattern is clear-cut.
- BONUS: “Political Consciousness Meets Hype: A Cursory Look At Statement Shirts Today” — And on a related note, we take a look at how statement shirts have truly evolved into streetwear with a statement in these turbulent sociopolitical times.
- “The Duterte Youth Really Gotta Chill” — This isn’t just some innocent coincidence; we’re pretty sure it’s a calculated attempt to hijack the imagery and connotations of the Hitler Youth. And it doesn’t work at all, whether you’re pro- or anti-administration.
- “These Guys Couldn’t Afford Tickets To Music Festivals And Concerts, So They Made Their Own” — What do you do when all the gigs and concerts people wanna go to are too damn expensive? Well, exactly what Sleeping Boy Collective did: throw ya own!
Photo by Geloy Concepcion