Hey there—didn’t catch all the good stuff that was on the site this week? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded all of what you need to read up for you here.
- “Five Sneaky Statements That Contribute To Rape Culture” — All your life you’ve been subconsciously conditioned to believe that your body wasn’t your decision. Here’s how not to repeat those mistakes for the next generations.
- “The Beginner’s Guide To Trending Filipino Slang” — We know there are those of you who’ve long been wondering what pak ganern really means. We got you.
- “The Sixth Lisbon: On Having A Virgin Suicides Phase And Romanticizing Mental Illness” — Society’s taken great efforts to make people aware of the realities of mental illness, but its glamorization is still too real.
- “The Purge: From Reel To Real” — Nobody could have predicted that the original Purge was ahead of its time (although we should have). The Purge: Election Year scarily reflects the madness that’s happening for the worst of us right now.
- “On The Run” — And on that note, extrajudicial killings here and cop shootings in the States have some disturbing similarities we all need to acknowledge.