What’s good? Didn’t catch all the good stuff that was on the site this week? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded all of what you really need to read up for you here.
- “The Good And Bad Parts of President Duterte’s First SONA” — It’s the first time the good president is giving out a State of the Nation Address, and it’s one of the first litmus tests he’ll have to get through in his journey to be a statesman. He got some things right (meaning we’ll let them slide) but he’s still pretty reckless where it matters.
- “Home Sweet Dorm: Dorming 101” — School is starting soon (if it hasn’t already started yet for you) and for those living in a dorm (or boarding house) for the first time, we’ve got tips for you in your new life.
- “We Know Exactly Who We’re Gonna Call” — The new Ghostbusters movie isn’t perfect, but it’s a very important step in gender equality and all discussions surrounding it.
- “6 Restaurants To Try In Hong Kong Past Midnight” — Hitting up the HK? Soak up the city’s neon lights in the wee small hours of the morning by checking out these six suggestions.
- “The Philippines Is Ready For Political Satire In The Mainstream” — A case for why we finally need to take political satire in the mainstream, regardless of who’ll get butthurt.
BONUS: Can’t get over the Scout Summer Camp? Neither can we, which is why we put all the best music from the evening on a Spotify playlist (that is, of course, from all the bands we could find on it!) Check it out here!
Photo from the Philippine Daily Inquirer