Eight seconds. Eight seconds was all CL needed to have me feeling all sorts of things.
You’d think a teaser from K-pop’s Baddest Female would have been a lot longer, but eight seconds turned out to be everything: From the nostalgia of seeing “I go by the name of, you already know” to emotions only explainable by emojis.
Here are 21 things CL had me feeling:
- Nostalgic because, c’mon. You already know.
- Disappointed that there’s no audio clip of her saying “I go by the name of, you already know”
- Like I’m back in high school again and I’m mooching off my friend’s neat lil iPod
- H y p e d because? CL?? And 88rising??? Please????
- Like 👍 an 💬 annoying 🤪 emoji✌️ copypasta 🍝🍝
- Disappointed (2) because “Fire” on Spotify is still not the Korean version
- Like Lady Gaga rattling off about Ryan Murphy
- Kinda stupid, really ‘cause I’ve been replaying that teaser testing if I feel any different each time
- Like I want to dedicate my next #ScoutThirstTrap article to her
- Like going on Twitter to bombard people with my fancams
- 👁 👄 👁
- Worried that her comeback will (dare, I say it…) f l o p
- Worried that other Blackjacks will find this article and throw tomatoes at me for saying that
- The guy from the “wow” vine
- Like I’m a Twitter stan with a screencap of my messiest tweets shown on one of those “reading thirsty tweets from fans” videos
- 🥺 because Minzy left a comment on CL’s IG
- Like Sherlock fuckin’ Holmes because I’m scouring her social media for any more comeback hints
- Disappointed (3) at the missed opportunity to slide in an “I’m back, bitches”
- Like binge watching “2NE1TV” again
- Like I’m about to have another song on repeat again
- Happy because, stan culture aside, CL’s actually a great rapper and a legend in the K-pop industry
Stills from “+INTRO VIDEO 1+”