What’s good? Didn’t catch all the good stuff that was on the site this week? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded all of what you really need to read up for you here.
- “Dear J.K. Rowling, Just Let Us Pass Through The Veil” — Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, new additions to the Harry Potter story, isn’t really doing the universe any favors.
- “Philippine Reps Win Big At World Hip-Hop Dance Championship” — This good showing at the WHHDC follows our huge breaks at Dota 2‘s The International 6 and Hidilyn Diaz’s silver at the Olympics. Despite everything that’s been happening at home, it’s great to be a Filipino competitor.
- “The National Library Opens Its Doors For Free” — The National Library in Manila wants you to read more, so now it’s free to get in. Don’t waste this opportunity.
- “Risa Hontiveros Claps Back Against Duterte’s Misogynistic Remarks” — Once again, it’s been a terrible week for President Duterte as he suffers yet another PR loss, this time personally attacking Sen. Leila de Lima, who’s been going after him for encouraging extrajudicial killings. The women in local power aren’t taking this lightly.
- “How To Land On The Pages of the New Government Tabloid” — The government is putting out a new state-run publication, but the truth is it’s just a trashy tabloid that’s all about the ridiculous war on drugs.