What’s good? Didn’t catch all the good stuff that was on the site this week? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded all of what you really need to read up for you here.
BONUS: Yassi Pressman is our July-August 2016 cover girl! The reveal is here if you didn’t catch it!
- “Duterte’s Department of Health Making Mental Health Act Top Priority” — Mental health has been placed on the backburner for too long, and the DOH under President Duterte has vowed to push this as urgent legislative agenda on Monday’s State of the Nation Address. Plus, a little background on mental health issues in the country.
- “Vice President Robredo Seems Like The Only Sane Person In The Executive Branch Right Now” — We caught a little flak for how outrageous this sounded, but the truth is, only the veep has spoken out against the murderous madness that’s been happening on what seems to be a daily basis. How come we don’t hear from everyone else?
- “Don’t Delete That First Draft” — If you’re at that stage in your life where you can’t seem to be making anything but bad art, regardless of your actual skill level, embrace it. You need to slog through the muck before you make your masterpieces.
- “Our Country’s Fate, According To Plato” — How did the Philippines end up where we are right now? The old philosopher can actually explain how we get the government we deserve.
- “What To Expect If You’re Going To Binge-watch Cinemalaya 2016” — The popular indie film fest is upon us once again, and here’s part of the lineup.
See you guys at the #ScoutSummerCamp later tonight! Samsung Hall is gonna be lit!