What’s good? Didn’t catch all the good stuff that was on the site this week? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded all of what you really need to read up for you here.
- “This Young Weightlifter Just Brought Us Our First Olympics Medal In 20 Years” — We start our Olympics week really well as weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz from Zamboanga wins a silver—our first in 20 frigging years. It’s hard to be a Filipino and not hear about this, though.
- “Even Some Duterte Allies Are Against The Hero’s Burial For Marcos” — When some of your yes-men are disagreeing with this, you know it’s not a great idea.
- “This Filipino Dota 2 Team Just Won $500,000” — Between this and our Olympics win, it’s a really great week to be a Filipino competing internationally.
- “Show Me How You Play” — The Ateneo Lady Eagles are not sweating their last championship loss, even if it was the last chance for three of these seniors.
- “Chasing Lucky Blue Smith” — Lucky Blue Smith came and visited Manila, and we set out to capture his glorious face. The experience was not what we expected it to be.