Hear hear, idol hopefuls. Your big break might just arrive soon: Big Hit Music is now open for auditions.
The South Korean label under Hybe Entertainment—whose list of talents includes BTS and TXT—has recently announced its global auditions for male artists gunning to become rappers, vocalists, dancers, or producers in the K-pop scene. As for requirements, they’re pretty straightforward: They must be born in or after 2002, regardless of nationality or race.
To try your luck, interested artists should fill out the application over at Big Hit Music’s application page, along with an audition clip showing off your stuff. Check out the requirements below.
- Vocals: A video of you singing a song of your choice with your upper body visible + frontal photo
- Rap: A video of you singing a song of your choice or your original song with your upper body visible + frontal photo
- Dance: A video of you dancing with your face and whole body visible + frontal photo
- Producing: Music, sound source, or MIDI-type file of your original work + frontal photo
- Make sure you have both files prepared.
- The photo must clearly show your face without the use of any filters.
- You need to hold each position for at least one minute in the video. Videos with poor sound or image quality may be excluded from screening.
Fair warning, though: You only have a few months to shoot your shot. Applications must be submitted from Oct. 18 till Dec. 20. For a quick 101 on how to submit, here’s BTS showing you the ropes:
Photo from Big Hit Music